BRUICHLADDICH Twenty Year Old 3rd Edition “Island”
Matured for 20 years on the Celtic Island of Islay in Bourbon Barrels, then decanted into Malmsey Madeira hogsheads to compete its journey.
The perfect fusion of two Atlantic Islands- Islay with her windswept, rocky coastline and Madeira’s more tranquil, sub-tropical warmth.
The result is a dark, alluring, decadent malt. Intensely rich, with raisins, black cherry, vanilla pod, burnt orange , and fruit cake flavours that linger seductively.
To maximize this flavour, we neither chill-filter to clarify, nor add caramel to colour the whisky. Bottled in this natural way it will become opaque when water or ice are added.
- The Queen’s Awards For Enterprise 2005
- Distillery of the Year 2001 and 2003 – MALT ADVOCATE
- Distillery of the Year 2002 – JIM MCEWAN WHISKY MAGAZINE
- Import Malt of the Yaer – BRUICHLADDICH 1970 MALT ADVOCATE
- Drinks Exporter of the Year 2003 – FOOD FROM BRITAIN AWARD
- Innovator of the Year 2004 – Whisky Magazine
- Personality of the Year 2004 – JIM MCEWAN WHISKY MAGAZINE