The 2010 Chardonnay is the first under the new winemaking team of Cliff Royle and Julian Scott, Cliff carved a reputation for making great Chardonnays in his 12 years with Voyager Estate. The 2010 vintage was fantastic for Chardonnay and we¡¯re thrilled with this wine. Turbid juice from whole fruit pressing was fermented in one third new French oak, the remainder being older French oak. A portion of the wine was wild fermented whilst the remainder was inoculated with selected Burgundy yeast. The 2010 Chardonnay spent 10 months in barrel with regular stirring before being bottled in February.
FLAMETREE Chardonnay 2014
- Colour: Light straw green.
- Aroma: Zesty grapefruit, melon skin and white peach.
- Palate: High tensile chord of acidity.
- Finish: Crisp and long aftertaste.
- Food Pairing: White meats or desserts.