Careful fruit selection from grapes grown on our Hamilton block in southern Coonawarra is the source of this wine. Vines were planted in 1987. Our aim is to make a stylish Merlot with great depth of flavour and structure, in which oak plays an important, but not prominent, role in the structure of the wine.
LECONFIELD Coonawarra Merlot 2013
- Colour: Medium to full red with youthful vibrancy.
- Aroma: Balanced oak contributing cinnamon and nutmeg, overlaying the ripe blood-plum fruit of Merlot.
- Palate: Medium bodied with silky smooth texture, long tannins and soft acidity.
- Finish: Excellent persistence.
- Food Pairings: Twice-cooked duckling and modern Asian style cuisine.