Our tightly held VSV – Very Special Vineyard – wines are only made in exceptional years when a single site delivers the ultimate harmony of varietal and region. Ebenezer, in the north-west of the Barossa is home to Ralph and Angela Schrapel who are sixth generation guardians of a very special patch of Shiraz planted by their forebears in 1885. Planted on red brown earth soils, at over 300m above sea level, this 4 acre block is home to extremely low yielding, gnarled and twisted vines producing a red wine of rich colour and flavour intensity.
PETER LEHMANN VSV 1885 Shiraz 2014
- Colour: Deep vibrant red.
- Aroma: Dark blackberry, mulberry and black pepper.
- Palate: Raspberry ripple and black currant leaf.
- Finish: Firm structure and long.
- Food Pairings: Beef, game dishes of wild duck, hare and venison, hearty casseroles and a good aged cheddar.