Brut Reserve is blended from 30 still base wines from different vineyards, different vintages and the three main grape varieties which dominate the champagne region: Pinot Noir contributes body, depth of character and life-extending tannins and comes from the villages of the Montagne de Reims – Verzy, Verzenay, Mailly, Ambonnay, Mardeuil and Louvois; Chardonnay provides the lightness, elegance and finesse and is drawn from Epernay itself and the villages of the Cote des Blancs – Cuis, Oiry, Oger, Vertus, Moussy and Chouilly; Pinot Meunier supplies youthful freshness, vigour and plump character with the grapes coming from the Vallee d’Epernay – Vincelles, Venteuil, Troissy, Damery, Vandieres, Brugny, Chavot, Monthelon and Pierry.
MORE FROM POL ROGER >
POL ROGER Brut Reserve NV 375ML
- Colour: Deep golden colour.
- Aroma: White flowers, green apple, brioche and a trace of minerality
- Palate: Notes of stone fruits, a certain nuttiness.
- Finish: A hint of honey supporting the freshness of the acidity.
- Food Pairings: Savour by itself or as an aperitif with foie gras on toasted brioche fingers. It is also the undisputed partner of rich dishes such as chicken supreme with chanterelle mushrooms or sweetbreads cooked with morels.