Pol Roger does not make a Non-Vintage Rose, preferring to release only in vintage years. The Brut Rose Vintage is produced from a blend of 50% Pinot Noir and 35% Chardonnay drawn from some 20 Premiers and Grands crus on the “Montagne de Reims” and the “Cote des Blancs”. In order to obtain its delicate colour and subtle nose 15% Pinot Noir, from selected vineyards in Bouzy, Ambonnay and Cumieres, is vinified “en rouge” and added to the blend prior to the second fermentation.
POL ROGER Brut Rose Vintage 2006
- Colour: An intense pink peppercorn colour with a fine stream of persistent bubbles.
- Nose: Red fruits and summer berries.
- Palate: Freshness with notes of fragrant wild strawberry, this develops into creamy ripeness with a hint of vanilla.
- Finish: Notes of grapefruit.
- Food Pairings: Accompany fish such as grilled salmon or even sushi, perfectly with fruit tarts and other fruit desserts, a forced Rhubarb fool.